5 tips to help you slow down

tips for slower living


ever feel like you're frantically rushing around trying to juggle 10 things at once? yup, me too. up until this year i was generally pretty stressed, life felt like it was passing me by whilst i was a ball of anxiety over deadlines and admin. i used to mistake being fast paced for being productive which wasn't always the case...

late last year i had to step away from work for nearly two months, up until this point the longest i'd been offline was at maybe a week tops. usually i'd have been concerned about not updating social media or sharing new DIY's but at the time it wasn't a priority. when i returned expecting the worst i discovered nothing had changed. you guys were still here reading (i heart you) my blog was fine, in fact my page views were at times better than ever. it was a massive wake up call.

i can see now that a lot of my stress was self imposed. since the start of this year i've given up being worried about catching up on ALL THE STUFF. now i prioritise what's really important and don't sweat the small things. if i take on work and have to slack off in another area to compensate i'm not going to lose sleep over it. this week i've been spending time with my family so i haven't got a new DIY finished (...something that would have bothered me a lot last year.) 

instead i'm sharing some ways to slow down and enjoy the small things again, i hope they help you too!

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

whats on my face! travel edition:

currently lovin'

easy nail art: bourjois manicure toppings