my geeky habit: inside my DIY blog book

my geeky little habit and I are coming out of the closet.

I am OBSESSED with writing lists, I can't sleep until I've written down everything thats bobbing about in my little brain.

I'm also rather OCD about keeping all of my ideas and blog related scribbles organised so I've been keeping blog books since I started burkatron.  
if I'm stressed the only things that straighten me out are a cup of tea and half an hour writing an action plan! I decided to make writing my endless 'to do' lists a little more fun and this strange scrap booking/crafting habit developed about 6 months ago. 

I love buying notebooks; my favourite ones for blog books are the plain kraft books from paperchase, a mix of blank and brown craft paper they're perfect for writing lists and come in lots of different sizes. 

I stick in postcards, scrap paper or sketches. I store secret lists in envelopes stuck inside my books and generally collect lots of little memories and ideas which just breed inside the pages of my book!

I have a little craft kit specifically for decorating my blog book (hello nerd!) 
here's some of my favourite items to use:
washi tape is decorative japanese masking tape and great fun to use; I get mine from etsy! I also collect vintage stamps and little craft items in second hand shops when I see them.
stickers are another thing I'm obsessive about snapping up! paperchase is my go-to place for these!
I'm a massive fan of stationary; especially writing paper and cath kidston sell some of my favourite papers, stickers and notebooks. I don't think I'll ever own too much floral paper!
I've also recently discovered smash which sell the most amazing books & accessories for scrap booking! a little expensive for some of the items but a good place to look if you want to get a ready made set to play with!
after a long day I grab my washi tape, paper & pritt stick and get gluing! once my trusty pen and I get scribbling down those ideas I'm a happy bunny.

I love making my book a little more pretty and it helps me to plan my week; it's a little geeky but it's so therapeutic! 

I hope some of you try it for yourselves...

any other compulsive list writers out there? come say hi!!

caroline x


Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

whats on my face! travel edition:

currently lovin'

easy nail art: bourjois manicure toppings